Why I have this book: It's half of the "Reader's Digest Select Editions" book my grandma has subscribed for me. And... it's Large Print. :) She must know that I have four pair of reading glasses around the house.
I did like this book... but it took an unexpected and sad turn that was pretty depressing. The story is good... but it just was sad in the way that real life sometimes is. There is sometimes no way to make things all better, even if good does come of tragic circumstances.
Since it's half of a Large Print RD Select Edition, I will probably pass it on to another reader and hope it makes it way to those who need Large Print books. If I had the original book, I'm not sure if I would keep it. I just don't think I'd read it again.
(Okay... RD Select Editions are edited/condensed, so I don't know how much, of any, of this book has been edited out. As far as I know, books written by this author are clean, so I'm assuming this one is also. Part of the story involves the molestation of a teenage girl by her step-father.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment