Why I have this book: It was on sale at the bookstore for $1.99 or something.
No offense intended, but I'm not a big fan of the books written by this author. This is the third one I've read, and they all leave me with the same feeling: "This was almost a good book."
Halfway through this book, I was really surprised that I was liking it so much. I had my nose stuck in it, wanting to know how things would turn out. I figured I was wrong, having gone into it not planning to like it.
Then the ending... it just fell flat for me. One of the other books he wrote did the same thing at the end. I just don't "feel it" by the time I close the covers. Anyway, I almost liked this book, but I can't say it's a keeper. I know my husband liked it, so I'll ask him if he needs it on our shelf. If not, I'll offer it to the kids. If any of you want it, let me know. If nobody here has grabbed it up, I'm happy to hand it off!
(Completely clean.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment