Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Eating Chocolate and Dancing in the Kitchen; Sketches of Marriage and Family (Tom Plummer)

Why I have this book: I must have bought it at a local LDS bookstore at some point...?

Okay, I know for a fact that this is the second time I've read through this book, thinking it would be heading for the "donation" box. And again, I have decided to keep it.

It's just a little memoir of sorts, written by a BYU professor of German language and literature. It's about his family and his marriage. Why do I want to keep it? I don't even know him!

I love how he writes. I love the little things he remembers about raising his children. I love how he and his wife make the best of things, and how much fun they have in life. I love the lessons I learn from reading his stories: Appreciate life. Record life.

I love this book.

(Pretty clean, although there are some silly comments between husband and wife and a bit of irreverence that is kind of refreshing, considering he is a BYU professor. :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment