Why I have this book: It was our March book club book.
LOVED this book. It's the kind of story you can't get out of your head. In fact, two of my friends didn't even want to (or couldn't) start another book for days after finishing this one. I was completely drawn into the story, so much so that I dreamed about it at night. It is that compelling. Set in Jackson, Mississippi in the mid-60's, this story about the relationship between whites and their "colored help" is a definite keeper. I love the way the author writes. I love the way she made me interested in each character. I love that I have to think more and feel more because I've now "seen" more. So glad I read this book.
(Some language and one weird scene involving a naked intruder.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I absolutely adore that book. My entire life screeched to a halt until I finished it, lol. I got my husband to read it too and then we saw the movie as soon as it came out. The only thing I love more than reading a good book is when I can get my husband to read it too so we can discuss! I couldn't stop talking about that book for weeks!
ReplyDelete