Okay, I have five bookshelves... all of them are cheap, pressed wood, about six feet high and 2 and a half feet wide. All of them are overflowing. I also have oodles of children's books in my kids' rooms.
So... my challenge: To read every book on my shelves, whether I've read them before or not. I think I've read most of them, but I know there are a few I haven't plowed through yet.
There are exceptions. I won't be reading the piano books that also have a home on my bookshelves. Ditto Sunday School manuals, reference books, etc.
My main purpose is to see what has to stay and what can go. I think I've outgrown a few of the books, and I'm not going to be selfish and hang onto them if someone else might enjoy them. The small library in a nearby town might be glad of a donation or two. (Books I can't stand will also go that way!) I'll probably offer them to family and friends first, though...
I also think I need to make a deal with myself. I have to read, say, ten books already on my shelf before I buy any new books. (Exception: Book club books. If I need it, I need it!)
So there you have it. My Bookshelf Challenge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment