LOVED this second half of my Reader's Digest Special Editions book! (See previous post for my review of the first half!)
I have liked other books by Sandra Dallas, and had seen this one advertised on Amazon. In fact, I had it in the "save for later" part of my shopping cart... waiting for it to come out in paperback, to be honest. (insert sheepish look here)
Anyway, I enjoyed this book a great deal. It's about an elderly widow who befriends a young newlywed in a Colorado mining town. Off the top of my head, I can't recall the exact time period, but it's back in the early 1900's... maybe 1920 - 1930? I'll have to double check on that.
No matter... this is a wonderful book about friendship, redemption, and love. Great story line, loved that there is some quilting thrown in, and a satisfying ending to finish it all up nicely.
(No swearing or anything else... but again, this is an edited version and I don't know what is in the original version.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment