Wednesday, December 29, 2021

The Printed Letter Bookshop (Katherine Reay)

Why I have this book: I really liked other books by this author, and I do like "bookshop" themed books, so...

I really liked this one. A lot. I wish I could have given it 4.7 stars, but (again) I can't, so I went with four stars. I almost did five stars, but then I remember books like Unbroken or classics that earned five stars, and it's just not in the same category... but man, it was close. I really, really liked it. A lot. (Haha... I should just give it five stars.)

It reminded me of The Newport Ladies' Book Club books because it was told from different perspectives. I loved the theme of friendship and womanhood (and the struggles we seem to have as life goes through different phases) and the books... the quotes from books and the book list in the back. It was all just perfect for me right now.

I loved this quote: "Love in action is a hard and dreadful thing compared to love in dreams."

And... it's clean. I don't remember any swearing. (Wait... I just mentioned this in the last review I did of one of her books a few days ago.) I LOVE this about this author. Thank you for writing clean books! (In case she ever sees this... haha...) There is a backstory of an extramarital affair, but it's with regret and sorrow, not acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment