Sunday, December 26, 2021

Blue (Joyce Moyer Hostetter)

Why I have this book: I have no idea why I bought this book on Kindle a few years ago. It was inexpensive, but not like $1 or less. 

Soooooo... I have a goal to beat my highest number of books read in a year (since I started keeping track on Goodreads, anyway). That number was 84 books in 2013. Right now I'm at 83 books for this year... and that's with reading two shorter ones today. Haha...

Okay, so it's really too bad I didn't read this book when I first bought it. I loved it. I even gave it five stars on Goodreads. It's not necessarily great literature like some of my other five-star books, but for a children's book, it's five-star material.

It was especially interesting to read about the polio epidemic while we're in the midst of a pandemic. (Which, I must add, I wish would GO AWAY.)

I highly recommend this one. Turns out it's part of a five-book series, so I've put the others on my wish list and will watch for hopefully a price-drop on some of them.

Clean. They do say things like, "Oh, my Lord" as is the Southern way. There are some hard things that happen, but I won't go into that so I'm not spoiling anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment