Friday, December 10, 2021

Two books by Richard Paul Evans

The Noel Diary

The Noel Stranger

These are the first two books in the Noel Collection series. My friend had recommended the third book in the series, so I ended up buying the four-book series for my birthday since I wanted a present. Haha...

Boy, do I wish I had put that $40 to use on different books! Granted, I haven't read the third book yet (just started it), but I honestly cannot figure out how Richard Paul Evans is a celebrated writer.  

In all honesty, I didn't even like The Christmas Box. I'm pretty sure I tried reading it twice... meaning, I did read it and tried liking it twice. I didn't get why everyone loved it so much. I understand there's a connection for those who have lost a child, but I mean the book itself wasn't that great. (I read it before I was doing reviews, so I don't have it on here or on Goodreads.)

And now I'm reading these books and thinking he needs a better editor and that he somehow pulled the wool over the eyes of the publisher who gave him such a great writing contract. His writing is just okay, the stories could be good if they weren't so ridiculous (thirty-somethings falling in love in less than a week???), shallow character development, stupid decisions (traveling with people you've known for less than a week), etc.

I guess I did like two of his Mistletoe series books, so maybe he's just hit and miss?

I gave The Noel Diary two stars on Goodreads, and The Noel Stranger one star. I'll keep you posted on the next two because if nothing else, they are quick reads and I already bought them, anyway.

Clean. 


No comments:

Post a Comment