Friday, June 30, 2017

The Chosen One (Carol Lynch Williams)

Why I have this book: I bought the Kindle version a long time ago. I think my friend and I were going to read it at the same time...

Anyway, I gave this 4 stars on Goodreads. I think I appreciate the story because I live in Utah and have watched a lot of news reports on the type of polygamist groups that are represented in this book. I know it's fiction and supposedly isn't based on any real people, but it seems to be pretty similar to a well-known polygamist compound that has been in the news a lot.

This was a page turner for me; I read it all in one day.

Pretty clean, although the "h" word is used quite a bit, some of it in a funny way. There are some disturbing things that happen and that are talked about, but it's not anything I would prevent my teenagers from reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment