Why I have this book: It was a book club book from earlier this year. (I didn't read it that month, being so busy as a student these days and all...)
I liked this book. I can't say I loved it (I gave it a 3 on Goodreads), because it was kind of a slow read and didn't have a lot of action to keep me enthralled. Still, it was an interesting story and it got more intriguing as it went along. I wish I could have dug a little deeper and had a little more time to get to know everyone better. I would have liked to see how things played out with some of the characters — it seemed like some of them just went away when their lives were getting interesting and then we just heard later what happened, but only sort-of.
This book was fairly clean. One character swore a lot, but it was only in one small section of the book. There were instances where a married couple both "cheated" (it's complicated) on each other. It always came back to God and some kind of morality, or at least the struggle with wanting to do what was right. It was kind of weird in that regard, but I didn't feel that the author glorified immorality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment