Monday, June 5, 2017

Someday, Someday, Maybe (Lauren Graham)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the e-book library.

I actually only borrowed this because it was written by Lauren Graham, of Gilmore Girls and Parenthood fame. I'm not sure why that was a motivating factor, because I'm not like a huge fan or anything. I guess I wanted to see if she could write. (Turns out she has a Bachelors in English.)

Yes, she can write! I really enjoyed this book and I gave it 4 stars on Goodreads. It's actually probably more of a 3.75, but only because there was too much swearing for my taste. It would have been a solid 4 or even 4.25 if she had left the swearing out. Her writing just flows nicely and it's easy to get "into" the story.

There was nothing super inspirational in the book (although there were some good little life lessons), but it was just a happy, enjoyable read.

There is some swearing, including the F-word. Pretty sure two characters slept together, but there are no descriptions at all (which is nice), so you're kind of left to assume.

No comments:

Post a Comment