Wednesday, June 28, 2017

A Long Way Home (Saroo Brierley)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the e-book library after a friend recommended it.

This book is a solid 5 stars. It's similar to a book I reviewed earlier (The Orphan Keeper), but that one had been fictionalized to some degree, and that bothered me.

This one (as far as I know) hasn't been fictionalized at all. Obviously, having been a young boy, the author likely had to fill in some blanks, but I think it's as accurate as possible. It's very well written and completely engrossing.

I just wonder how common this story is. Two books, published so close together with a very similar experience, makes me think there could be hundreds of children in this same situation. It's heart-wrenching.

Clean. There are some difficult experiences described, but it's not graphic. There may have been one swear word, but I'm not even sure about that. Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment