Thursday, October 30, 2014

Moms' Night Out (Tricia Goyer)

Why I have this book: I saw someone talk about about it online and it sounded good, so I downloaded it to my Kindle.

So this is a book based on a movie screenplay. I know that happens from time to time… I probably read more than a handful as a child. This is the first I can remember reading as an adult. It definitely had the "feel" of a movie. I'm kind of curious if the author watched the movie and wrote the entire book exactly as it unfolded on her tv screen.

It started out good. I could totally relate to the emotions of the main character… I felt her frustration and I even found humor in her experiences. But the story turned into something akin to the movie "Baby's Day Out" ("Moms' Night Out"… coincidence?) or "Home Alone." Seemed like a lot of improbable circumstances and a bit of a slapstick comedy.

I didn't hate it… I just think the message got swallowed up in the chaos of the storyline. That's too bad, because sometimes moms need to know that they aren't alone.

Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment