Friday, October 10, 2014

Intertwine (Nichole Van)

Why I have this book: Thankfully, I just borrowed it from Amazon when it was chosen as a substitute book club book after we decided not to read the original choice.

One of the gals in my book club is neighbors/friends with the author, so she suggested we read this quick, time-travel romance to support her friend as a first-time published author.

I, sadly, didn't love it. It was an extremely light read… really, no depth at all. I never could invest in any of the characters… I simply didn't care at all what happened to any of them.

The writing was fine if you like a book written in the style of most mommy-bloggers… kind of cutesy and witty and with lots of incomplete sentences to make a point of emphasis. Several of the women at book club did enjoy it, which is good for the author. Anyone brave enough to write a book deserves happy readers.

I guess it crossed my "light read" threshold and I just couldn't take it seriously at all. Maybe that was the intent?

Clean, with a little bit of the main characters having the hots for each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment