Why I have this book: I think it was recommended in another book I read…
The premise of this book is that we need to use the word of God to build our relationships upon the Rock of our Redeemer. (Hence… ROCK Solid Relationships.) Meaning, if we are following the Savior and His teachings, and studying the scriptures, we can find answers to the problems in our relationships with others. Not just answers that we read, but things to do and actions to take to change the way we see situations and choose to handle them.
The author takes scriptures and uses them to make the reader think of things to do to heal and strengthen relationships. I found a lot of it to be really helpful and thought-provoking. There were a couple of ideas that felt a little out of my comfort zone, but in general, there was a lot of good advice.
The author was a professor of marriage and family therapy for 25 years and is now married to an apostle - Elder Russell M. Nelson - of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
The formatting in this Kindle version is pretty wacky throughout. Not every page or every sentence, but there were quite a few instancesofthesentenceorpartofthesentencelookinglikethis.
Clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment