Sunday, September 28, 2014

The History of Love: A Novel (Nicole Krauss)

Why I have this book: It is a book club book.

I read the first chapter after my friend (also in book club) asked me to read it and see if I got the same "ick" feeling she did. Yes, it had a weird, kinda "yuck" vibe… so we voted as a group to pass on this one and move on.

It stinks that I bought it (on Kindle) and have to waste my money (too late to return for a refund), but I'm cutting my losses. There are too many good books out there to spend time on one that feels yucky from the get-go.

I'm not even sure why I'm posting about it on here, since I didn't really read it… I guess because I spent money on it and decided it wasn't worth it. I'll be deleting it from my Kindle.

I'm not sure how much "yuck" ends up being in this book since I only read Chapter One… but I'd say there are probably other yucky things throughout the book. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment