A Lady's Guide to Gossip and Murder
A Lady's Guide to Mischief and Murder
Why I have these books: I borrowed the audio version from the ebook library, and I borrowed the ebooks from Kindle Unlimited. I do prefer reading rather than listening to these ones just because there are a lot of characters, and it's hard to keep track when I'm just listening.
I enjoyed both of the books, although I did give the "Mischief" one four stars instead of the three stars I gave the "Gossip" one. Of the three books I've read so far, it is the most well-written and (in my opinion) is the most clever.
And the coffee mystery is solved! I don't remember which of these books mention it, but the reason Lady Harleigh drinks coffee is that she is American. Duh. I forgot that detail. That kind of nicely clears that up. I don't remember that connection being made in the earlier books, but maybe I missed it. Or maybe a reader brought it up to the author, and she decided to clarify or had to "fix" having coffee be a part of the story when that's not really common in GB. I'll never know, and that's okay. I'm just glad my mind has it neatly filed away now. Haha...
Clean. There is one situation where there is a pregnancy before marriage. I don't recall any swearing other than the word "arse." Is that even a swear word?
No comments:
Post a Comment