Monday, May 27, 2024

A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder (Dianne Freeman)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from Kindle Unlimited after my daughter recommended the series to me.

Nice, light reading, which is perfect for the first days of summer break. I'd call it a cozy mystery, set in the early 1900's (I think it starts in 1899).

One surprising thing to me was that the main character (an aristocrat) had a morning coffee instead of tea. Since the setting is London, that was confusing to me. I didn't know coffee was a thing in GB. Seems like now, most Brits prefer tea. But maybe I'm just stereotyping. I did do a brief search of the history of coffee in the UK, and I guess it was pretty big at one time, but it seems like tea won out in the 1800's. Anyway, that was an interesting diversion for me. ;)

Overall, this book rated three stars for me. I might have done a 3.5 if that were allowed on Goodreads, but alas, it's not.

Cute story and premise. I'll probably continue to read the rest of the series.

Clean. I don't think there were any swear words or anything else one could find offensive. The story does deal with murder and affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment