Why I have this book: I saw it online somewhere, so I used an Audible credit to purchase it.
Even though this book wasn't at all what I expected, I gave it five stars on Goodreads.
I'm not sure why, but I thought it was going to be a collection of thoughts or essays by people suffering from mental illness. While there were many stories like that, the book is more of a guide to seeking mental health services and support. (And if I had read the full title, I might have realized that sooner!)
It's a valuable resource for people and families who deal with (especially severe) mental health issues. I will be recommending it to someone I know who could have used it in the last year. I'm glad I read it because I now have a way to help people who don't know what to do in a mental health crisis. Now I have a resource.
Clean. Suicide and suicide ideation is discussed.
No comments:
Post a Comment