Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Greenlights (Matthew McConaughey)

Why I have this book: I had a couple people recommend the audio version, so I used an Audible credit to purchase it.

I gave this audio book four stars on Goodreads. Matthew is an amazing storyteller, and he does an excellent job in the narration. I have to wonder if it's all true because it does seem too crazy to be believable at times.

It's weird to me that he had the type of childhood he did. It sounds more like Tom Sawyer times than the 70's and 80's as far as the adventures he had. Is it a Texas thing? It's nothing like my childhood even though we're in the same generation.

It was an entertaining (almost) seven hours. 

Like most people in the world now, Matthew uses a lot of F-words and other profanity. He talks about masturbation like it's not a private thing, and he mentions wet dreams a few times. So yeah, not so clean, but in some weird way, he gets away with it. Haha...



No comments:

Post a Comment