Thursday, March 16, 2023

The Accidental Beauty Queen (Teri Wilson)

Why I have this book: A friend recommended it, so I borrowed it from the ebook library.

I really enjoyed this book for a light, mindless, fun read. It was easy to get sucked into this romcom story.

Maybe it was a little predictable, and I'd also say the ending could have played out a little more realistically (nobody falls in love in just a few days... that would be called "infatuation"), but it was a happy and lighthearted escape.

I gave it three stars on Goodreads. It would have been four stars if I was simply going off of the enjoyment of the experience, but there could have been a bit more character development (great for the protagonist, not as much for the other characters) and depth. I'm just not sure it was meant to be that kind of book, though. 

I don't recall any swearing? If there was, I think it was mild and infrequent. There is some premarital sex implied, but it happens "off camera," so to speak. You only know because it's mentioned, and there's no description of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment