Wednesday, March 8, 2023

From the Embers (Aly Martinez)

Why I have this book: I saw it recommended online, so I bought it on a day I got double points for the Kindle Rewards program or something.

Anyway... I was really torn on how many stars to give this book. On the one hand, the author is a good writer. The story flowed well, it was easy to like the main characters, there was more depth than a typical "smut book," and I didn't see what was coming.

Haha... I didn't know it was a smut book when I bought it, but yeah. Definitely more detail than I am used to in my reading habits. I can do without all that, and I can do without the bad language especially in regards to the "love scenes."

Overall, I enjoyed the story, so I did give it three stars. I don't think I'll read anything else of hers, though, because I just didn't need all the extra details and language.

Not clean. (See above.) Also deals with death, adultery, and unmarried sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment