Saturday, March 4, 2023

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine (Gail Honeyman)

Why I have this book: I kept seeing it recommended online, so I finally borrowed the audio version from the online library.

I really, really liked this book. I wanted to give it five stars on Goodreads, but I'm trying to reserve five stars for the most life-changing books. Haha... I'm not really sure how to determine what gets five stars, but this one was so darn close. I'd give it 4.7 if I could, but I guess I'm sticking with four.

Oh, shoot. I think I'll just give it five stars. I'm going to round up.

Maybe I would feel like it's four stars if I had read the book, but the audio version was excellent. The narrator did a great job. It was so easy to slip into the setting, and she managed the male voices perfectly. I was super impressed.

Such a sweet, fun, sad, and happy book.

There were a handful of F-words and plenty of mild swear words. Drinking, child abuse, child death, domestic violence, and a little bit of sexual content (nothing graphic or even actually happening in the book... it's more in memory or in a character thinking about it). It sounds pretty depressing, but the overall tone of the book is light and happy somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment