Why I have this book: It's the third book in the Matched trilogy. I reviewed the first two books in March, 2012.
Okay, so I mentioned in my earlier review of the first two books how much I enjoyed them and how I had pre-ordered the third book. I also mentioned that I had passed around the first two to my daughter and daughters-in-law and everyone liked them. When the third one came in, I passed that out, as well… before I had read it.
Here we are in 2014 and I'm not sure where the first two books are. I had the third book here (it had made it's way back), but hadn't read it. A friend asked me a couple of weeks ago if I read the series, and that reminded me to get back to it. I had to read the first two again (and luckily they were available on the e-book library) because it's been so long since I read them. Then I read Reached. (I was actually #2 on the Hold list for Reached when I was ready for it, but then I discovered that I had the hardback on my bookshelf. I got through about half before the e-book was available… and when it was, I finished up reading on my Kindle. It's so nice to read with one hand in bed instead of holding a 500 page hardback book!)
I really did enjoy this series a lot. The third book was a little anti-climactic, but only because it didn't seem like there was anything intense that happened. I'm not one who really loves intense, necessarily, but since this was dystopian and overthrowing-the-ruling-party type stuff, I just expected a little *more* to happen. (Then again, I read it while I was dealing with a pretty bad cold and my mind was a little fuzzy, so maybe I missed it?) Anyway, it was good… but maybe it fizzled a little in the third book? It still kept my attention, and I liked the premise, but this series finale didn't quite have the "oomph" I expected.
Clean, except for maybe three or four instances of mild swearing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment