Ties That Bind
Twice in a Lifetime
Why I have these books: I bought them on Kindle when I realized they were Books 6 and 7 of the Ariana series. Plus... they were pretty inexpensive.
Well... I was a bit uncomfortable with the premise of the stories. They were both about the same person, and I don't know... I just didn't really like how things were portrayed in the relationships. I really can't say much without spoilers, but it just made me feel a bit off.
The writing is good, so it's easy to get sucked into the story. There were story lines that kept my interest in both books and I enjoyed reading them... but there were also eye-rolling moments. They were worth what I paid and the time I spent reading them was a good escape at home during another camping trip for my husband. :) Although... it wasn't really a "light, happy" escape... these characters spent more time in hospitals with one person or another than any other book I've read. There was just a lot of hard stuff, over and over, that the family dealt with.
Clean. There is more than one story line involving death and also one involving child abuse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment