Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Daring Greatly (Brené Brown)

Why I have this book: My daughter read it and LOVED it... and left it for me to read when she left for her mission. It was given to her by a friend, and she ended up buying a couple copies to give away because she loved it that much.

I started to read the hardcover copy she left, but I decided to purchase the Kindle edition for myself for a couple of reasons: 1) I wanted to make my own highlights and not be influenced by hers, and 2) (say it with me) I love my Paperwhite! It is so much easier to read in bed with one hand than holding a thick hardback.

I made a lot of highlights in this book. I really love the message. Here is a quote that sums up the book: "... nothing is as uncomfortable, dangerous, and hurtful as believing that I'm standing on the outside of my life looking in and wondering what it would be like if I had the courage to show up and let myself be seen." 

There's a lot to chew on in this book. I have two other books by the author that have been recommended to me by others. I've had them for quite a while and haven't read them yet... but they are moving up the list now.

There are a handful or two of swear words and some discussion of physical intimacy (as it relates to being vulnerable.)

No comments:

Post a Comment