Why I have this book: It was the next book in the series. And I read on their website that there is going to be one more "reunion" book, which I'm pretty happy about.
This book is all about redemption for me...
1) It redeems my "fan status" in Annette Lyon. The last book of hers I read (reviewed here) was such a disappointment to me. This one brought back all the things I love about her books.
2) It redeems my love of this series. The book just previous to this one (reviewed here) was so romance-centered that it didn't seem to fit in the series. SO glad that Annette brought it back to what I loved in the first place: real women with real problems who lean on each other for strength and support.
3) The book itself is about redemption, and I was brought to tears a few times with the emotions of the story.
I do have to throw my editor brain in here for a minute and say... when you're talking about the shoes that are "Crocs"... THAT is how it is spelled. Not "Crocks." I don't even wear Crocs... have never owned a pair, and I knew that it was spelled wrong. A quick Google search confirmed it. Anyway, that happened right in the beginning and it made me a little nervous that the book would have a bunch of sloppy editing. (It didn't.) It turned out to be a worthwhile read in so many ways. I am very glad I read it.
Clean. This book deals with addiction to prescription drugs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment