Why I have this book: Because I've read the whole series, and this is the latest release.
(Sigh)
As far as entertainment goes, this was a good book. I wasn't bored, I was interested to know how it would turn out... (Meaning, I was interested in knowing HOW the author would make what would obviously be the conclusion actually happen.)
See, this was more like a typical romance novel. The early books in this series were deeper than that. There were real life problems and conflicts. They were more about womanhood and friendship. This one was just a romance novel that managed to tie into the series. The relationship wasn't even explored enough to be believable. The love interest was pretty cheesy and kind of creepy because he was so... corny. There was just no depth to their story. I'm not sure how they fell in love. I mean, they spent time together - that fact was mentioned. But the readers didn't spend enough time with them when they spent time together to actually feel anything growing between them. At least... I didn't feel it.
The ending was cute.
There is one more book in this series, I think, and I'll read it. I didn't hate this book... I was just disappointed that it was simply a romance story.
Clean, other than one use of the "other" F-word. (You know, the one that some people use instead of "toot" or "fluff".) It was just so out of place in this series.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment