Why I have this book: It is the book club book this month.
I had never heard of this book before it was picked for book club... but then I discovered that a movie is being made based on it.
I'm glad I read this novel about a 50-year-old Harvard professor who is diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's Disease. It opened my eyes about this disease and what it means to the patients and their families.
I thought the author did a great job of making each character interesting and developed, even though there wasn't necessarily a lot of time spent "getting to know" each one.
I would recommend this book to others. I think it's the kind of book that helps to expand one's compassion and understanding of what people go through.
The F-word is used a handful of times in this book. If there was other swearing, I don't recall it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment