Why I have this book: It was available to borrow right away and I wanted a light read.
And yes, I'm kind of embarrassed by the title of the book when I have to admit I read it. It sounds so "Harlequin"... and lo and behold, it turns out (I discovered after I read it) that it IS Harlequin. I didn't know Debbie Macomber writes for Harlequin.
Anyway, it was sheer entertainment and I wasn't super impressed. I was also a bit bothered by the lack of morals in the guy... because it was written as if it was all so normal. Meaning - there was no moral struggle in planning to be physically intimate with someone you barely met. I guess that is acceptable in most of society, but since I've seen the author on the cover of a religious magazine, I expected different.
So, whatevs. I don't really have anything else to say.
I don't recall swearing, but I can't promise on that. There is definite talk/planning/thinking about unmarried sexual relations by the two main characters. There is also some discussion of marital relations gone bad (coercion and emotional abuse) and the psychological aftermath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment