Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the e-book library.
We hear news reports about what is happening around the world... but it's not often we really understand or internalize the reality of it.
This book is about the Sudanese genocide. It is beautifully written, educational, and heartbreaking. Such horrific things happen in our world... and most of us have no idea, or we only have a surface knowledge. Maybe that's all we want to know, because we can't fix it.
These news stories are people. They have lives... lives that were normal and everyday, just like ours... until everything changes.
I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to open their heart to the plight of our brothers and sisters in the world.
This book describes the horrors of the Sudanese war, including crimes against women and children. Female circumcision is also discussed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Which e-library are you using? I am a little frustrated with the Kindle Lending Library and their "selection". While it's vast, I have a hard time finding something I want to read. I also found the selection of our local library e-books "pathetic". Is it just me?
ReplyDeleteThe Pioneer/Overdrive library... Probably the same one. And I agree... there is not a great selection. It's very hit and miss.
ReplyDelete