Why I have this book: It was an impulse purchase for my Kindle today. I just needed something like this to read.
I've seen these books by Josi S. Kilpack for several years. I believe there are 8 or 9 in the series now, and I understand there will be 12 total. They are "culinary mysteries", and I haven't read them before because I'm not generally a fan of mysteries. But I am a fan of Josi Kilpack's writing, so today I decided to give it a try.
I really liked this book. A lot. I was hooked instantly, and stayed hooked all day long. I will definitely be reading more of this series in the near future.
My Kindle edition had a pretty major flaw... in one section, there was a whole part that was in the wrong spot. It was all in the same scene, but it was like someone had cut and copied it in the wrong order. I had to work through that and figure out what belonged where... and I was afraid I would run into that problem throughout the book. I didn't, though. It was just that one part. I contacted Amazon customer service and tried doing what they suggested with my Kindle, and when it didn't work, they issued me a credit of the purchase price for the inconvenience and said he would be notifying their quality control department. (Actually, he said he was going to issue me the credit, but it hasn't come through yet.) I also emailed Josi herself to let her know, in case she can get the fix going from her end. (You know how I like to email authors!)
All in all, a great read. Definitely a keeper if it was really taking space up on my shelf.
Clean, other than when a bad guy used the "W" word to describe someone. I consider it a swear word. (It means a "loose woman.") I was a bit surprised, I have to say, since I would consider this an LDS book. (Written by an LDS author, published by an LDS publishing company... but the characters aren't LDS, fyi.) Also, the plot involves unwed pregnancy and adultery. Oh, and murder, of course...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment