Why I have this book: Another freebie for Kindle.
Okay, so I liked this book. It had a good message and was easy to get into. The only distracting thing about it was all the similes. Since it's on my Kindle, I can't just flip though and give you a few examples, but trust me... there were a lot. It got to the point where I could hear the voice of a narrator from an old-time movie in my mind. You know what I mean... the scene on the screen is of a lone guy, walking in the snow. The narrator (Humphrey Bogart, of course) is describing the scene with similes like, "The snow fell like powdered sugar in a donut shop." Yeah. It was kind of funny. Maybe that was the intent... but I'm not sure.
Anyway, cute story with a message of hope in marriage. It's a keeper.
Clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment