Why I have this book: It was another free book for the Kindle.
This book was almost really good. I mean, definitely a simple read... but the story was cute enough and it kept my interest with minimal eye rolling.
It could have been much better if a little more depth was added to it. Sometimes someone's thoughts or words would hint at deep emotion, but nothing else in the story would confirm it.
And editor... really? "How could he bare it..." ??? It wasn't a nude scene. The word is BEAR... as in, "How could he bear losing his father now..."
(I don't understand how those things make it past the editor.)
All in all, a decent read. I'm reading Christmas stories right now, so it worked. I'm glad it was free.
To be clear, all these free books are Christian-based books, and this was no exception. Some of it seemed forced, like when the doctor asks the patient if he'd like him to pray with him. I'm not sure that is really realistic (it wasn't an intense situation), and nothing else in that doctor's storyline made him out to be a strong Christian. It just seemed odd and out of place.
Clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment