Wednesday, July 26, 2023

RE: Trailer Trash (FortySixtyFour)

Why I have this book: My brother was talking about it and seemed to like it, so I bought it on Kindle. It was like $4.99, so I figured I'd give it a try.

Sooooooo... I gave this book two stars on Goodreads. It took me a long time to get through it because I kept having library books come up for me, and I didn't actually miss it when I wasn't reading it. It was pretty interesting, but I kept thinking we'd get to the "climax" of the story, and I'm not sure we ever did. The book is 600+ pages, and ends very abruptly with absolutely no resolution. It's like the end of a chapter, not the end of a book. The author, I understand, continues the story in installments on some kind of indie app. I haven't looked into it.

If the author publishes a sequel (or continuation, as the case is), I'd probably buy it to figure out what eventually happens. The premise of the story (time travel/do over) is compelling, so I wouldn't mind knowing how things play out. I do think the entire story could have been told in one 600 (or less) page book, though.

Also, I have no idea about the author's pen name. My brother said it's a male author (he's seen some of his other work on that app), but I don't know why he doesn't use his real name or a pen name that actually sounds like a real name or... ? I even googled it to see if there was any info about it, but I didn't find anything.

There's a ton of profanity (including the F-word). I don't recall anything sexual happening. There's sort of a nastiness in attitudes and in the way some characters treat others. Just scuzzy personalities, really. (There's also kindness and acceptance by others in some of those situations.)


No comments:

Post a Comment