Why I have this book: Several people mentioned this book to me, so I was going to borrow it, but it was a very long hold time. Luckily, Audible had a great sale, and I was able to buy it for under $5, so that's what I did.
I really wanted to give this book four stars because it was so interesting and sad and fascinating (in a disturbing way) to learn about Jennette's life as a child star. I'm guessing most young actors don't have such an extreme dysfunctional family and upbringing like she did, but even the most normal families must be crazy to want their kids to be in showbiz.
I had to drop it to three stars just because she got a little too graphic for my taste with the sexual descriptions in her relationships. Didn't need that!
I mostly felt sad for her and all that she went through. I hope she's able to have a good life from here on out and is able to heal from the trauma of her experiences.
It was also interesting to read about her connection to the LDS Church in her childhood. Makes me wonder how she processes that now.
A few sexual descriptions and lots of swearing once the memoir reaches her young adult stage of life, including many F-bombs.
No comments:
Post a Comment