Thursday, September 1, 2022

Everybody Fights: So Why Not Get Better at It? (Kim and Penn Holderness)

Why I have this book: I borrowed the audio version from the ebook library at the recommendation of my sister-in-law.

I didn't realize this was a marriage self-help type book. I figured it was more of a memoir. I've seen a handful of the videos this couple has made for their YouTube channel, but didn't know much more about them.

I enjoyed the book, and thought it had good tips and info about marriage for the average couple. It doesn't go too deep for those who have bigger issues in marriage. It was fun to listen to it since the authors often expanded on what they had written as they recorded the audiobook. On the other hand, sometimes I felt like they shared more than they needed to about their fights and their sex life. It wasn't graphic at all, but it's still kind of a personal subject.

Overall, it was enjoyable. I gave it three stars on Goodreads.

I'd say this is PG-13 rated since one chapter deals with sex and mentions sex toys. (Nothing is graphically described.) I think there were a couple of the more mild swear words, as well. The tone somehow manages to be Christian-based to some degree since they mention the things they learned from their pastor in marriage counseling.

No comments:

Post a Comment