The Bishop's Wife
His Right Hand
For Time and All Eternities
Not of This Fold
Why I have these books: I borrowed them all from the ebook library because I noticed a fifth book was coming out, and I wanted to reread the first four before I read the fifth.
Okay, so as I mentioned, I've read all of these before, and I only reviewed the first two because I was kind of embarrassed that I read all of them. I like the writing, but I also felt like the author had an agenda against the LDS Church (of which she was a member at least while writing the first few books).
Anyway, I have a new outlook on her perspective, especially after reading an interview she gave which explains more of her life experiences. I wanted to see how what I thought of the books now that I know more about her.
I still enjoyed them, and I had more understanding of some of the things she said, but I still think she stretched the truth and threw in some things that just aren't true at all. I guess I don't feel embarrassed about reading them and enjoying them anymore, though, and I'm looking forward to when my turn comes up on the fifth book.
I gave them all 3 stars on Goodreads. There was a need for an editor for typos and other mistakes. (She even changed the spelling on one character's name from one book to the next.)
Mostly clean, although there are occasional swear words, and one book involved a transgender man with some just weird extra stuff thrown in there. Obviously, they all involve murder, but it's more of the "cozy murder" type of mystery.
No comments:
Post a Comment