Saturday, August 21, 2021

The Prodigal Daughter (Mette Ivie Harrison)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library.

Well, of all the books in the series, this is the first that has rated 4 stars from me. (I think the rest were given 3 stars.) I think I could talk myself down to 3 stars if I wanted to... it wasn't as long as the first four, so it didn't necessarily have as many plot twists as the others. Some of it seemed a little unlikely or unrealistic, in my opinion.

For whatever reason, though, this one got me a little deeper than the others. I think it was because it was just so sad in the sense of how life isn't very black and white. It's also not always fair or just. Sometimes we try to do good and be good, and then discover that the expectations we had don't really work out. I don't know... this book was sad, but I appreciated the message.

The next book won't be out until 2022 (no idea which month), but I'll need to keep my eye out for it. I know the author's life has taken some turns, so I'm curious how that will play out with the protagonist's life in the books.

There may have been a swear word or two? The plot centers around a gang rape (not descriptive), and there is an attempted murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment