Saturday, August 14, 2021

Beyond the White River (Kristen McKendry)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from DBS+ because I needed a second light read during my quiet few days. :)

I actually had this one on my Amazon Wish List for years now, and it finally showed up for free on DBS+.

It was another "okay" book. I thought it was pretty good (like "3 stars" good) for most of it, but the ending seemed a little far-fetched, so I dropped it to two stars on Goodreads.

(I don't know why I sometimes use the actual number (i.e. 3) in my "stars" and why sometimes I spell out the name of the number (i.e. two). I have no explanation, and I just don't care enough to worry about it. Just saying this in case any readers are as particular about editing as I tend to be with the books I read. Haha...)

Clean. There is some talk about a rape that occurred, and there's a wife who's the victim of domestic violence, but neither is described in detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment