Monday, February 1, 2021

The Boy Who Couldn't Stop Washing: The Experience and Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (Judith L. Rapoport)

Why I have this book: Another book I read recommended this one, so I bought the Kindle version. It's taken me months to read it in little snippets here and there.

I gave it three stars on Goodreads. Obviously, it wasn't so compelling that I couldn't put it down, and while it did have some interesting case studies, the information is out of date. (It was written in the late 1980's, if I'm remembering correctly.)

Again, it was interesting to read about the impact OCD has on people and their families, so I did appreciate that aspect of it. It was also insightful to learn about the early studies and recognition of OCD by those in the mental health field.

Clean. There may have been a few swear words and some clinical observations of sexuality in regards to OCD, but it took me so long to read the book that I can't be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment