Friday, August 3, 2018

Gifted (Karey White)

Why I have this book: I bought it years ago after reading some of the author's other books.

I have mixed feelings on this one. While the writing was great and the storyline was very engrossing, I just couldn't buy the "specialness" of the daughter, nor did I love the ending/"choice" made by said special daughter.

At the same time, it's kind of stuck in my head, but in a bothered kind of way. It's just not sitting well with me, but it was so intriguing that I stayed up until well into the early morning hours to see what would happen.

I did make me think about what kind of mom I am, though, when it comes to my kids' friends.

I would recommend it to my friends just so we could talk about it! I gave it 3 stars on Goodreads.

Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment