Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library. In fact, I recommended it to the ebook library because I really like the author.
Okay, at first - meaning 25% in - I wasn't sure if I would finish this book. It was set in a funeral parlor, and the job of mortician is described to some degree. That's not a comfortable place for my mind to be. Then I realized the subject of the Spanish Influenza of 1918 was coming up, and I just was feeling so depressed and heavy.
I trust the author, though, so I persevered, and I'm really glad I did. I loved this book. It's one of those books that just has to settle into your soul for a few days after you finish it.
I'm not entirely convinced on one of the "love" storylines, but it's not a strong focus of the book and didn't detract from the emotions of the rest of the story. I would probably have given this a 4.7 on Goodreads if I could, but since I can't, I gave it a 5.
Clean. (Proof right here that an amazing book can be clean.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment