Monday, August 7, 2017

The Greek Village Series Books 1-3 (Sara Alexi)

Why I have this book: Okay, so longish explanation. I'm pretty sure I got Book 6 of this series for free or very cheap, but I hadn't read the earlier books, so I found this edition that contained the first three books for pretty cheap.

And to make it more confusing, once I finished reading this volume (with the first three books), I looked to see how much the fourth book was, and I discovered that the second book in this volume is really the second (or first?) book in another series by the same author, and therefore what I have as Book 6 is really Book 5 or Book 7 or something. I don't even know.

This volume contains:
The Illegal Gardener
Black Butterflies
The Explosive Nature of Friendship


In any case, I wasn't even sure if I would buy Book 4, because the books were only kind of interesting to me. They were good, but not really good enough for me to keep going. At some point I'll probably read Book 6 (?) since I have it, but I'm not going to buy any of the rest.

I gave this volume 2 stars on Goodreads. If I had the option, I'd probably go with 2.5, but I can't bring myself to go with a solid 3.

Also, these books needed to be cleaned up with a good proofreader/editor.

There are some swear words, a "mild" description of marital rape, and same-sex relationships are a part of one story.

No comments:

Post a Comment