Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library.
I know I swore off Amish stories, and I still stand by that. The only reason I read this is because my good friend said that she knew I swore them off, but she really enjoyed this one. I read it strictly out of friend-loyalty and because I always trust her judgement when it comes to books. :)
I admit that I enjoyed this book, as well. I gave it three stars on Goodreads. I could pick apart a few things with the writing, but I wasn't that bothered by it. The Amish characters didn't seem as Amish as in other books I've read. They way they spoke, for example, didn't seem to fit the setting, but that actually made it feel more relatable. I liked the overall theme of the book (allowing ourselves to have deep emotions, whether painful or joyful) and I enjoyed the light escape it provided during a hectic month at my house.
Clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment