Why I have this book: A friend recommended it.
Okay, so I stayed up last night until after 2:00 am to finish this book. I just was so sucked in and needed to know what happened. It was so intense and heartfelt… I really cannot stop thinking about it.
And after I fell asleep, I dreamed about it. Then I woke up early in the morning, fell back asleep, and dreamed about it again. It is in my head. I don't even want to start another book until this one settles.
There is a lot of profanity, the ugly words that are used like it's normal speech, including using the Lord's name as swearing. There is also talk about sex, but nothing descriptive. It's very much like "sex is a part of life" and people are having it and the characters talk about it in that casual way. Definitely not a moral issue with unmarried sex in this setting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alicia and I both really liked this book. We recommended to a friend who hated it, so I'm glad to find someone else who liked it:). I thought it was an emotion-inducing, thought-provoking book. I am looking forward to the sequel coming out in September.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to it, too!
Delete