So on the one hand, this is a little too good to be true. Not all of it, but the money aspect, the romance aspect, the perfect man, etc.
On the other hand, I felt a little uncomfortable with the similarity of the background stories of the two main characters to real-life news stories. I hope nobody who lived those real-life stories picked up this book for an uplifting Christmas read.
And, the bad ex-husband was just a bit too unbelievable with his "dumb" type of personality. I don't know.
So having said all of that... I really liked this book. Haha. I know that sounds crazy, but it was easy to get sucked in and to feel the emotions involved. I appreciated the message of redemption. I felt the compassion and mercy that we often forget to have when we hear heart wrenching stories on the news. I still feel a little like I want to cry...
I gave it four stars on Goodreads.
I don't remember any swear words, and it was clean otherwise. The background stories of the two main characters are painful and traumatic, but the story isn't necessarily focused on those things as much as it is about moving forward.
I don't remember any swear words, and it was clean otherwise. The background stories of the two main characters are painful and traumatic, but the story isn't necessarily focused on those things as much as it is about moving forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment