Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A waste of money… Three books I'm "throwing out."

I don't want to stir up any debate betwixt all my readers (haha), so the books will remain nameless, but I bought three books last year that I thought I would love. We chose one for book club, then one of the book club ladies told the rest of us that in reading reviews of the first book, she saw that there is one chapter that is very graphically pornographic. She recommended that we all skip that chapter, because even those reviews pointed out that the rest of the book is excellent.

The enthusiasm for the book and it's sequels totally died for me. I know I can just skip the chapter in question and enjoy the rest of the it… but, I don't know. I just don't care anymore.

Luckily, the two sequels were on sale when I bought them, so altogether the total cost for the three books was about $15. I hate wasting that much money, but it could be worse.

Here's the lesson I learned: I need to just buy books when I'm ready to read them. That way, if there is something objectionable about them, I still have time to return them for a refund.

It's going to kind of feel bad to delete three unread books (that I paid for!) off my Kindle, but I just don't want to read them anymore.

P.S. No, it's not the 50 Shades series. Haha!

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I've done the same thing, although not with "that" book. I, too, need to stop buying books until I'm ready to read them. Great advice!

    ReplyDelete