Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Elijah of Buxton (Christopher Paul Curtis)

Why I have this book: My friend recommended it a while back, and since I have Amazon Gift Card money to spend, I took it off my Wish List and put it on my Kindle. :)

I liked this book a lot. It reminded me of reading The Great Brain books back when I was a kid. (It even made me stop to see if those books were available for Kindle yet… and they're not! WHY???) Anyway, it's been a very long time since I read The Great Brain books, so maybe they aren't like this book at all…

In any case, I was thoroughly entertained with the writing, and touched by the deeper storylines. In fact, I was so engrossed that I was surprised when the book ended. I wanted to see what happened next, but the ending really was perfect.

Very good and I highly recommend it.

Clean, although it deals to some degree with the difficult subject of slavery.

No comments:

Post a Comment